Thursday, September 11, 2008

As I was saying... Session 4: E-learning

Yes.. e-learning!!!
As much as this is an educational blog.. I would like to proclaim my distaste for e-learning!!!!
"It's boring!!" -now don't I sound like one of my kids out there.

To be fair, I do appreciate the fact that I do not have to wake up at unearthly hours of 630am to rush for my 830am lesson, but no- I still have to come to school since e-learning takes place at different time for different classes. Does that mean that I have effectively used my supposedly 2hrs at home completing my e-learning assigment? Sigh.. I wish. In fact, I simply woke up at slightly later time and struggle to find additional time to complete my e-learning work which took me close to 6hours. Probably the rest could have done it in 2hours, I don't know. But the fact is I didn't! Now don't I feel cheated =( Seriously, I would have opt to go for lessons instead.

And I was just wondering, wouldn't it be more effective if an entire week is set aside strictly for e-learning for all classes? In this case, students will surely get to enjoy the full benefit of independent-learning from home, and at least they have the liberty to organize their time properly to complete the various assignment. Most importantly, they will be able to appreciate the learning process.

On the other hand, I thought that the e-learning assignment was really useful as it forces us to access the practicalities of ICT-teaching and the various strategies in countering potential issues. (If only I didn't have to rush through it in the middle of the night at Macs... hm....)

No comments: